Get Amazing Lashes Using Drugstore Products & Simple Tricks
Everyone wants amazing lashes! There’s just something about super long, thick, luxurious lashes that makes a person feel put together and on top of her game. Easily avoid getting clumps, apply false lashes with ease, and give your mascara staying power with these mind blowing tips to get amazing lashes.
If the video above wasn’t enough lash love for you, I’ve compiled a list of lash tips and tricks that I use on the daily to get my lashes long, full and totally voluptuous. Try these tricks yourself and let me know if they worked for you!
- Wipe Off Excess Mascara – I know this seems to be a quite talked about thing, but it actually does work for preventing clumps when applying your mascara. There is a lot of mascara product on the brush when you first take it out of it’s tube, and that extra product results in clumps and flakes. Definitely not what we are going for when we want our lashes long and full.
- Coat Both Sides Of Your Lashes – When I first started wearing mascara, I would only apply it to the undersides of my lashes until my friend asked me why I did that. I told her that was how I was taught. And most girls when they start out wearing mascara are taught that way as well! To get thicker lashes, be sure to apply mascara to both the undersides and top sides of your lashes.
- Soak Your Mascara Tube – When you soak your tube of mascara in hot water, it makes the product more liquidy (is that even a word?) and thinner, making it easier to apply, especially if you are applying more than one coat.
- Spoons Aren’t Just For Breakfast – Position a spoon under your lower lash line when you put on your mascara to avoid getting it on the skin under your eyes. They now make special eye tools for this. But if you don’t want to splurge to get a tool to hold under your eye, a simple spoon will work wonders.
- Lash Dusting – If you want fuller, thicker, awesome lashes, apply a dusting of baby powder or eye shadow on your lashes in between coats. The powder will stick to the lashes before the second application, making your lashes thicker when the second coat has dried.
- Let It Dry – If you are like me, you tend to get mascara all over your eyelids when you apply it, potentially ruining your eye shadow. Never fear! Simply wait for the mascara to dry and take a q-tip to gently rub the dry mascara away. It comes off easily when it’s dry, and won’t leave a smear.
Do you have tricks to getting longer, fuller, amazing lashes? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time Beautiful!